A stable of mine, I love serving it with grated cheddar, Sour Cream and Home- made Guacamole, Recipe also below. The chilli serves around 4 people.
1 chopped Shallot
1 chopped Courgette
1 diced Red Pepper
2 Cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
1-2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried Oregano
Dash cayenne pepper (Leave out if you don't like your chilli too hot)
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Paprika (I use Smoked)
Tbsp Fresh Coriander
1. Add shallot in a pan until starting to soften, then add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Add the Courgettes, Mushrooms, and Peppers and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the Chilli powder, Oregano, Cayenne, Cumin and Paprika, and cook for a few minutes stirring constantly. Don't let the spices burn.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, adding a touch of hot water if it's starts to reduce too much.
5. Serve and scatter with fresh coriander.
Using the low carb vegetarian book's carb guide I estimated this around 7g carbs per serving.
Low Carb Guacamole
1 clove garlic, pureed or chopped finely
1 Tbsp Coriander
1/2 Lime, Juiced
salt & pepper
1. Mash the Avocado up using a knife.
2. Mash in the rest of the ingredients, easy!
The whole recipe come to around 5g carbs, so don't eat it all, but a spoonful with your chilli should be fine!